The Lifespan TR1200i is a well built treadmill with various intuitive and innovative features, beneficial for fitness beginners and experts alike. The machine boasts an Intelli-Guard safety feature, an Intelli-Step automatic counter, 17 preset workout programs and 15 levels of incline.
The machine retails for under $1000 and has many features you would usually associate with a higher priced machine; but are the preset workout programs well designed? Does the low price impact on the quality? Are the features entertaining enough without any actual entertainment features on the machine?
Dimensions & Technical Specifications
- 33 (width) x 70.25 (length) x 55 (height) inches (82.5 W x 175.63 L x 137.5 H cm) Full
- 33 (width) x 39 (length) x 66 (height) (82.5 W x 97.5 L x 165 H cm) Folded
- 300 pounds (136 kg) maximum user capacity
- 20 W x 56 L inches (50 W x 140 L cm)
- 204 pounds (92.5 kg) assembled weight
- 220 pounds (99.7 kg) shipping weight
- Intelli-Guard Safety Feature: The built-in Intelli-Guard™ pauses the belt if you step off during your workout. This is our unique safety feature for the user and those around them. When your foot no longer continuously strikes the belt surface for 20 seconds, your treadmill will automatically and gently come to a pause.
- Intelli-Step Automatic Step Counting Feature:Intelli-Step™ counts and records the number of steps you take and displays them on the console. More accurate than a pedometer, Intelli-Step automatically detects the impact of your foot striking the treadmill belt. Increasing step count is one of the foundations of the American Heart Association’s recommendations for improving heart and overall health.
- 17 Preset Treadmill Workouts: Designed by exercise physiologists for optimal safety and effectiveness, our 17 preset treadmill workouts can help you achieve your goal, whether they are weight loss, general health improvement or sports training. The TR1200i also offers 2 MyZone heart rate control programs and 2 customizable programs. With the MyZone constant program, you keep your heart rate at a constant level throughout your workout while the MyZone Interval program allows you to enter your own minimum and maximum heart rate. The treadmill automatically adjusts incline and speed to keep you on target.
- Large Silicone Console Buttons: The soft-touch, oversized silicone buttons make set-up a breeze and are ideal for making changes to your program while you are moving. You don’t have to struggle to hit the correct button.
- USB: USB storage device automatically saves your exercise data so you can upload it to your online LifeSpan Fitness Club account.
- Heart Rate Monitor: Contact heart rate sensors and chest strap receiver (chest strap not included)
- Readouts: Time, Calories, Distance, Steps, Heart Rate, Speed, Incline Level.
“I like that the stabilizing arms are not long – it allows you the freedom to really swing your arms if you are that type.” – Click here to read the full review on Amazon
The Lifespan TR1200i treadmill doesn’t boast the same comfort features as some of the higher priced Lifespan models, but it still feels good to use nonetheless. The treadmill belt is not as thick as more extensive models and the deck doesn’t have as much shock absorption, but the machine still feels incredibly sturdy and robust.
Those with a large stride or those who are over 6 foot tall may find that the 20 x 56 inch belt is a little tight (it is more like 20 x 50) but those of average height who want to run at moderate speeds should find it adequate. The Intelli-Guard safety feature stops the belt moving if you step off for longer than 20 seconds, which is reassuring and contributes to the overall safety factor of the machine.
The Lifespan TR1200i has an excellent capacity for increased fitness performance because of its 17 different inbuilt programs. The programs are incredibly intuitive and cater for all users because they each specify different areas you may want to focus on and provide a very specific workout focused on that particular area.
For example, the healthy living option contains 5 different workout programs each with different levels of difficulty focusing on different muscle areas and offering varying levels of cardiovascular intensity.
“The speeds all appear to be very accurate, although the 1 incline seems more like a .75, but that’s not a big deal as you can always adjust up to compensate.” – Click here to read the full review on Amazon
You also have excellent progress tracking facilities with this machine in the way of Time, Calories, Distance, Steps, Heart Rate, Speed and Incline Level readouts on the display, 1 user Lifespan Fitness Club membership (an online program interactive with your machine via USB) and a step counter that lets you know how many steps you take every time you use the machine.
The treadmill also has inbuilt heart sensor pads which are quite inaccurate but it is also telemetry enabled which means you can use a compatible chest strap (check if this is included) to monitor your heart rate more efficiently if you so desire.
Ease Of Use & Convenience
The treadmill is extremely heavy and will need placing where you plan to use it if possible. You will more than likely be unable to carry the box on your own so should seek help from a family member or friend if you can. Assembly is relatively easy and shouldn’t take too long but does contain a few fiddly sections so the help from a family member or friend could come in useful there as well.
The foldaway feature is convenient but it does fold at an angle which could be a little annoying if you’re limited with space. The console is easy to use and has large soft touch buttons which feel very high quality, they also make operation easier.
The quick buttons are very convenient if you’re using the machine as part of a varied workout or if you’re already warmed up. You can advance all the way up to 11 degrees incline in three stages or all the way up to 6 MPH in three stages. These quick buttons do make all the difference when you’re trying to intensify your workouts quickly.
“It has a nice place to put my ipad when I work out so I can watch shows – and the speaker option in the treadmill is loud enough to hear my show easily over the hum of the motor.” – Click here to read the full review on Amazon
The only ‘official’ entertainment feature on the Lifespan TR1200i treadmill is the inbuilt speaker and headphone socket facility. These are compatible with most modern music devices but you’ll probably need to use the headphones if you want to experience any quality of sound. The speakers don’t really pack a punch, but they are adequate and more effective than they would be if the machine itself wasn’t so smooth and quiet.
The actual exercise features on the machine should be more than enough to keep you entertained throughout your workouts as they really offer an excellent variation of programs and the adjustability and customization features mean you’ll probably be a lot more goal focused and challenged than on other similar machines.
- Frame: Lifetime
- Motor: Lifetime
- Parts: 3 Years
- Labor: 1 Year
The Final Verdict
“A lot of awesome features. Easy to fold/unfold. Awesome warranty. would definitely recommend it” – Click here to read the full review on Amazon
For under $1000, this treadmill machines offers fantastic value for money and the vast majority of fitness enthusiasts out there will almost certainly enjoy it. For the money, you get a high quality machine with a great selection of intuitive workout programs, customization features and feedback facilities.
You’ll definitely be able to increase your workout intensity and progress long term with the machine too; the only drawback is that it isn’t really designed for full throttle sprints like some of the more expensive Lifespan Treadmills.
For the majority of users it is a fantastic buy, however, if you’re a really serious runner who needs specific bells and whistles, you’ll probably need to invest a little bit more in your kit.
|Lifespan TR1200i Treadmill Lowest Prices|
|Click to see current price|
|Click to see current price|