The Precor 9.27 Treadmill is a well designed machine with various useful features and extras that provide you with a high quality, varied workout experience. The treadmill boasts plenty of features; including the option to have up to 2 user profiles, a ground effects impact control system, 10 inbuilt fitness programs, telemetry features with compatible polar chest strap and a 15% incline facility.
Precor is well known for its excellent gym equipment, but how does it’s home gym equipment (and more specifically, the Precor 9.27) compare?
Dimensions & Technical Specifications
- 33 (width) x 85 (length) x 18 (height) inches (83.8 W x 216 L X 45.7 cm + 4 in / 10 cm with shipping pallet)
- 350 pounds (158.7 kg) maximum user capacity
- 238 pounds (108 kg) assembled weight
- 290 pounds (132 kg) (+ 40 pounds/ 18.1 kg with shipping pallet) Shipping weight
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Maximize your workout results with touch sensor and wireless heart rate monitoring. Polar® chest strap transmitter included or use any compatible 5 KHZ wireless heart rate transmitter.
- Preset Workouts: Preset workouts designed by a leading fitness institute let you personalize your workouts to your fitness goals, add variety and stay challenged.
- Ground Effects®-based Shock Absorption: Shock absorbers at the front of the deck cushion impact where your feet land. The rear of the deck is less cushioned to create a more stable surface from which to push off. The result is the smooth and natural feeling characteristic of Precor treadmills.
- Precor Stride Support: The treadmill monitors the motor and adjusts the belt speed to match the slowing and accelerating natural movement of your foot with each stride. These belt speed adjustments help to reduce joint pain and prevent injury.
- 3.0 HP Motor and 100% Maintenance Free Design: Powerful 3.0 HP continuous duty motor runs cool and quiet providing plenty of power and torque when you want it–such as during interval training when you need to speed up or slow down quickly. 100% maintenance free design means you won’t need periodic service calls.
- Handlebars: Full Length
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Touch sensor and with any Polar® compatible 5 KHz chest strap transmitter
- SmartRate®: Yes
- Speed Range: 0.5 to 12 mph / 0.8 to 19.3 kph
- Deck Elevation Range: 0% to 15% incline
- Number of User IDs: 2
- Preset Workouts: 10
The feel of a Precor 9.27 treadmill machine is different to any other exercise machine; it has a particular bounce to it that cannot be felt on comparable products and really adds to the overall comfort and quality feel during use.
“Built to perfection, relatively easy to assemble, very comfortable low-impact deck, and looks classy in the home. ” – Click here to read the full review on Amazon
The handlebars are full length which is fantastic as you feel much safer using it, especially if you don’t have the best balance. The machine itself feels incredibly sturdy and is not foldaway like some similar models and feels all the more solid for that
One feature that isn’t particularly comfortable and is actually a little bit worrying is the amount of time the speed takes to decrease. The quick keys are excellent for increasing speed and incline quickly but they aren’t as fast at slowing down, this can be quite difficult for some people who do not have a high level of fitness and need to slow down imminently.
The Precor 9.27 has plenty of high performance features including the shock absorption, stride support, the user ID feature, the preset programs and the quick start options.
“There are many features the precor has that other brands do not have and it was worth the extra to get. ” – Click here to read the full review on Amazon
The shock absorption is particularly important because it prevents any extra strain being put on joints and muscles. You do tend to feel this benefit with most Precor models and the 9.27 is no different. The stride support is where the machine adjusts the belt speed to match the natural push off and landing of your feet so you feel little/no resistance against your feet and you feel as though the machine is working with you. It does this using impact detection and accelerates to accommodate your stride.
The user ID’s are always useful on an treadmill machine because you can track your progress and avoid inputting the same information every single time you use the machine. Unfortunately, on the Precor 9.27 treadmill, the machine only keeps your basic information but not previous workout information so you can’t track your progress on a continual basis, only on a workout by workout basis.
The preset programs offer 10 different workouts which utilize the machines customization facilities. They are fairly basic but leave out the guesswork if you want to enjoy a varied program without manually changing the settings throughout.
The quick start options enable you to change the incline up to 15% in 5% increments and change the speed up to 12 MPH. These are convenient features but beware, as stated above the machine does not slow down as quickly as it speeds up so do make sure you are comfortable at that speed and then some, before you continue intensifying your workout.
Ease Of Use & Convenience
Unfortunately, the console on this Precor 9.27 is not the easiest to use despite the fairly basic programming. The lack of workout information storage on the user ID’s is annoying and the control panel is a little fiddly.
The machine also comes to quite an abrupt stop at the end of a workout which means you have to keep an eye on the controls if you have headphones in which is a little inconvenient; you have to keep an eye out or you’ll most definitely collide with the console.
“No iPod docks or integrated fans are present but the display is clear and provides the info you need for a good workout.” – Click here to read the full review on Amazon
The entertainment on this treadmill is limited to the exercise facilities only. It’s rare you find a treadmill at this price with absolutely no extras. Precor mentions on the website that they focus on the quality only with this product without including unnecessary extras.
The machine is certainly high quality without any extras but, some entertainment facilities are useful and at this price point, could probably be included without a real dent in their profit margin.
- Parts – 3 years
- Labour – 3 years
The Final Verdict
“I would totally recommend this treadmill to anyone. Amazing piece of equipment. Also great warranty.” – Click here to read the full review on Amazon
There’s no doubt that the Precor 9.27 Treadmill is a high quality, robust machine. Unusually for Precor, this particular model simply doesn’t meet the value for money test. You do get an excellent treadmill with basic features and customization facilities, but for around $2500, you really should have at least a few more bells and whistles.
There are many comparable products at the same price point which are of similar quality, with more extras and a better warranty. This Precor is definitely excellent quality, but simply doesn’t work for your dollars as much as it should for the price.
|Precor 9.27 Treadmill Lowest Prices|
|Click to see current price|
|Click to see current price|