Leading with its technological capabilities; the Proform 1110E Elliptical Trainer is a strong, well-built machine, comparable with some gym standard ellipticals. The frame is made from commercial gauge solid-steel which means it is genuinely is built to last.
The trainer boasts digital resistance capability, oversized traction control pedals, silent magnetic resistance and a 20 – 22 inch adjustable stride length. The machine also has Apple compatible features including an Apple iPad holder and iFit enabled compatibility.
With such a strong emphasis on its modern technology features, does the Proform 1110E Elliptical trainer still make the grade on its physical performance specifications?
Dimensions & Technical Specifications
- 78 (length) x 27 (width) x 78 (height) inches (198.12 x 68.5 x 198.12 cm)
- 375 pounds maximum user weight (170 kg)
- 240 pounds assembled weight (108.8 kg)
- 250 pounds shipping weight (113.3 kg)
- iPad® Holder – Train with the latest technology at your fingertips. This removable shelf keeps your iPad® secure and conveniently close so you have access to all your training tools and entertainment must-haves. **iPad® is a trademark of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad® not included.
- 20”-22” Adjustable Stride – Achieve better muscle definition by changing up your workout stride. The power adjustable stride can also be repositioned for a better individual fit for the whole family.
- iFit® Enabled* – Take your fitness goals all over the world with our revolutionary interactive training program, iFit® technology*. You won’t believe the infinite benefits you’re about to tap into. Train with a certified personal trainer, map your route with Google Maps™ from Paris to Puerto Rico, run a scenic coastline via high definition video, track your progress automatically, compete with friends, and customize your workout to match your goals. Hey, we told you it was revolutionary. *iFit® wireless module included. Google Maps™ is a trademark of Google, Inc.
- 32 Workout Apps – Get the workout you want with 32 options. Workouts are designed by a certified personal trainer and automatically adjust the resistance of the elliptical to maximize your time for faster results. The simple navigation of the apps makes it quick and easy to select your workout and get moving.
The eight inch fan on the Proform 1110E elliptical trainer is a fantastic addition and is designed well so that it creates an efficient cooling system,. It also tilts so that you can enjoy the benefits at any angle.
“The motion is smooth, the handle grips are ergonomic and comfortable.” – Click here to read the full review on Amazon
The elliptical feel of the machine is comparable to a gym quality trainer. The steel frame is extremely sturdy and feels incredibly safe when used at full workout capacity. The soft touch upper body grips feel great to use during a full body workout and the arm reach is comfortable. The oversized traction control pedals are fantastic, the slanted grip feature adds to the overall safety aspect and they still feel comfortable towards the end of a long workout.
The silent resistance system is particularly smooth and doesn’t interrupt the workouts at all. The 20 – 22 inch stride is of great benefit to those with longer strides and/ or taller people; most ellipticals have an 18 inch stride or in some cases, even less. The adjustability is a really handy feature for those looking to share the elliptical with a partner.
“Its 32lb fly wheel gives it the resistance and stability a good machine needs.” – Click here to read the full review on Amazon
With 32 programs to choose from and a wide selection of adjustability options and feedback options, you’ve got an amazing choice of workouts ahead of you with the Proform 1110E trainer.
The digital resistance change capability is a really positive addition to the product because it encourages you to push your resistance higher during a workout with minimal effort. The machine also has dual heart rate sensor capabilities with handlebar sensors and a wireless polar chest strap for accurate heart rate readings. You can also use the iFit app to make your workouts interactive, a useful feature if you do have an iPad.
Ease Of Use & Convenience
Considering its size, the Proform 1110E elliptical trainer is very easy to assemble but will need placing where you want it set up as it is very heavy. The positioning of all the components on the machine has been well thought out and really makes for exceptional convenience all round.
The fan is adjustable, the iPad holder is central and sturdy, the cup holder is oversized and easily reachable and the digital resistance change capabilities are fantastic to use in comparison to manual change machines.
“It has Wifi, iFit, goal setting, a fan, an iPad holder, a phone jack for music; it is ridiculously awesome.” – Click here to read the full review on Amazon
The entertainment on the Proform 1110E really does revolve around Apple products. If you don’t have any Apple products compatible with this machine you may want to consider whether or not the compatible features are important to you as you may find yourself purchasing some expensive extras if you want to enjoy them.
The music system is compatible with an iPod and the sound quality is good. The most impressive feature by far is the iFit program; when used with the iPad holder on the machine it allows you to perform workout programs with a screen visual that is very fun. You can ‘run along a beach’, ‘cycle through the mountains’ and even train with a personal trainer. If you already have an iPad you should definitely utilize this feature and seriously consider purchasing this machine.
- Frame – lifetime
- Parts – five years
- Labour – 2 years
The Final Verdict
“I am completely impressed with the quality of this machine. I am used to commercial machines and this one fits the bill.” – Click here to read the full review on Amazon
For under $1000, the machine offers exceptional value and delivers on all its promises. If you don’t have any Apple products you may want to consider how important the included extras are to you as part of the whole package.
Either way it is win-win for the buyer because; without the Apple tech you have an incredible machine that is robust and will more than likely last you a lifetime and with the Apple tech you’ve got the same package with the bonus of added fun entertainment features.
|Proform 1110E Elliptical TrainerLowest Prices|
|Click to see current price|
|Click to see current price|