The Proform Performance 1450 treadmill machine is a high quality treadmill which leads with its 10-inch full colour touchscreen and technological capabilities. Other features include: a 3.25 CHP commercial pro motor, iFit technology, an autobreeze fan and proshox elite 2 cushioning under foot.
This really is an all singing, all dancing, modern piece of equipment with incredible software capabilities. So how does the Proform Performance 1450 stand up without the iFit technology? Is the software reliable?
Dimensions & Technical Specifications
- 36.8 (width) x 81 (length) x 58.5 (height) inches (93.4 W x 205.7 L x 148.59 H cm)
- 20″ X 60″ 2-PLY COMMERCIAL TREAD BELT
- 350 pounds (158.7 kg) maximum user capacity
- 252 pounds (114.3) shipping weight
- 10″ Full-Color Touchscreen: DELUXE EXPERIENCE – Now you can get online while you work out. Connect to your home’s wireless network to check the news, read email, watch sports highlights, socialize on Facebook, and more with this 10-inch touch screen with browser powered by Android™.
- 3.25 CHP Commercial Pro Motor: The Commercial Pro uses preventative engineering to keep you safe while you workout. Dynamically spin-balanced and extensively tested for superior performance in vibration and noise, the Commercial Pro is our smoothest, quietest motor available.
- iFit® Enabled*: Take your fitness goals all over the world with our revolutionary interactive training program, iFit® technology. You won’t believe the infinite benefits you’re about to tap into. Train with America’s Toughest Trainer Jillian Michaels, map your route with Google Maps™ from Paris to Puerto Rico, run a scenic coastline via HD video, track your progress automatically, compete with friends, and customize your workout to match your goals. Hey, we told you it was revolutionary. *iFit® wireless technology built in—no module required. Access your iFit® account from your Enabled exercise equipment, computer, tablet, or smart phone. Google Maps™ is a trademark of Google, Inc.
- AutoBreeze™ Fan: Stay cool and refreshed with the fan that automatically changes the airflow to match the intensity of your workout. Or, if you prefer a definite setting, select low, medium, or high.
The Proshox cushioning on the Proform Performance 1450 treadmill can really be felt and encourages you to endure longer workouts. The machine feels incredibly sturdy and robust and you feel completely safe using it at full capacity.
The wide treadbelt is really useful as you don’t worry so much about your tread falling out of line, it also means you can vary your workout stance to work different muscle groups. The treadmill genuinely has the feel of a gym quality machine in both its tread cushioning, it’s sturdiness and it’s design.
“The on-board fan is wonderful and provides adequate cooling during my workouts.” – Click here to read the full review on Amazon
The performance capacity of the Proform Performance 1450 machine seems to be based very much around its connection to iFit. If you are able to connect to this app (see below for more details on this) it has a lot to offer in the way of varied workouts. You can use Google Maps to interact with your local town layout as well as towns and cities much further afield. Impressively the app connects to the treadmill to mimic the inclines of the chosen route you create or choose to interact with. There are endless opportunities for varied and entertaining routes using the app which can only enhance your performance capacity. You also have a mammoth amount of progress tracking which enables you to monitor your progress in impressive detail.
If you struggle to use the app, you may feel a little short changed with your workout options on the machine. You might not have access to endless routes and personal trainer experiences but you will still have a pretty impressive machine at hand to play with. The 15% quick incline facility and 12 MPH quick speed option are particularly useful when you want to push yourself after hitting your stride.
The Proform Performance 1450 treadmill is so well built you’re perfectly equipped to enjoy plenty of varied workouts, it’s just a shame there aren’t any inbuilt programs to facilitate those who incur some of the machines Wi-Fi and software issues.
Ease Of Use & Convenience
The treadmill is very easy to set up and has a fold away option to help with storage. The slight angle of the foldaway position is a little odd, and doesn’t look quite as aesthetically pleasing as when the machine is set up fully.
The main convenience issues on the Proform Performance 1450 machine arise from the iFit app and the Wi-Fi capabilities. Considering the fact that the manufacturer boasts the iFit app as one of the key selling points, it doesn’t really give a clear enough view of what you are getting and you also don’t get a warning that it may not work properly. This isn’t the case for every user but you may well encounter a few issues.
“The touch screen is fabulous and the street-view workouts provide some interesting visual stimulus. I’ve been walking in Venice, Florence, Hawaii, and across the Brooklyn Bridge ” – Click here to read the full review on Amazon
Firstly, the iFit (if you get it working) is only available for free for 12 months, so bare in mind that you may need to pay out for this feature if you grow to love it and want to keep using it after the 12 month period. Secondly, the product descriptions state you get full access to lots of different free features; unfortunately this is a little more limiting than it states and you may find you are told you need premium iFit membership for a lot of the features you thought were free. There are also a lot of WIFI issues where some users may not find their WIFI system at home is compatible with the software. Check with the manufacturer that the system you have at home is compatible before you purchase.
You may also find that the programs stall mid-workout or stop completely if your WIFI is down. This can become frustrating if you want to interact regularly with iFit and use all of its features during your workouts.
“I like being able to connect online as well as setting up maps around my neighborhood. Its really neat.” – Click here to read the full review on Amazon
The main entertainment features of the Proform Performance 1450 are the iFit app and the 10-inch touchscreen. If your WIFI works, both of these features are incredible and the touchscreen alone is very attractive and easy to use.
The fact you can check social networking and watch TV shows while you work out is a great feature. The machine also comes with speakers which aren’t great but work adequately nonetheless.
- Lifetime Motor, Frame, & Deck Warranty
- 5-Year Parts & Electronics Warranty
- 2-Year Labor Warranty
The Final Verdict
“I am very happy with the purchase and the warranty that Pro-Form has is one of the best in the industry.” – Click here to read the full review on Amazon
It’s a real shame that the software on the Proform Performance 1450 doesn’t work for everyone. For a product that leads with technology it’s certainly disappointing, as its key feature and you should be able to expect that those modern bells and whistles will be fully available to you as a buyer.
That being said, for under $2000 the machine is still incredibly sleek, modern and robust for the price. The lifetime motor, frame and deck guarantee is enough to show you that Proform know their stuff when it comes to providing excellent quality and guaranteed longevity.
Despite its software shortcomings, you simply can’t dispute the fact that this machine is still an incredibly high spec, high quality machine that is built to last. Some much more expensive machines provide much less, so even without the software, it’s still excellent value for money.
|Proform Performance 1450 Treadmill Lowest Prices|
|Click to see current price|
|Click to see current price|